Catch The Parlotones Live At #pumpforpeace Pretoria This Saturday 12 August
Tickets Available From Webtickets
The Parlotones take to the stage on Saturday 12 August for a good cause when they join several great local acts for #pumpforpeace Pretoria taking place at the Wolwespruit Mountain Bike & Trail Park. Tickets available from Webtickets.
The Parlotones released their ORCHESTRATED DVD earlier in 2017 and Parlotones frontman Kahn Morbee released his 2nd solo album ‘A Noise In The Void’ early July. The Parlotones will headline the event alongside Karen Zoid (who features on Kahn’s brand new album on the single ‘We Could Be Divine’), and are joined by Desmond & The Tutus, Tidal Waves, The Black Cat Bones, and The Sweet Resistance for an exciting day of live music at #pumpforpeace Pretoria.
In the spirit of the initiative – celebrating music as well as an active lifestyle – the Pretoria #pumpforpeace event will kick off with a MTB enduro race at 8am. World-renowned downhill rider Claudio Caluori will be racing on the day and riders can test their grit in the race against his time. Claudio is known for his infamous Red Bull Bike / GoPro course previews and is also the founder of #pumpforpeace.
THE CAUSE: All proceeds will support the revival of music and sport initiatives and charities in disadvantaged communities as well as the construction of new pump tracks, with further shows ready to roll out in Joburg, Cape Town, and Durban in 2017/2018.
All info available from: https://www.facebook.com/events/1452838088116404/
#pumpforpeace Pretoria with The Parlotones, Karen Zoid, and more
Date: Saturday, 12 August 2017
Time: 10 AM – 5 PM
Address: Wolwespruit Mountain Bike & Trail Park, 501 Jochemus Street, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, South Africa
11H00 THE SWEET RESISTANCE
12H00 TIDAL WAVES
13H00 THE BLACK CAT BONES
14H00 DESMOND & THE TUTUS
15H00 KAREN ZOID
16H00 THE PARLOTONES
TICKETS – PRESALE
* Available at www.webtickets.co.za
* General Access – R180 (to view the Enduro and concert).
* Kids U12 – R100, Kids U4 get in for free.
* Enduro Entry – R300 (includes access to the music concert).
* VIP – R280 (access to a separate VIP bar area with shaded seating, convenient parking inside the venue perimeter and premium bathroom facilities).
* Enduro VIP – R400.
TICKETS – AT THE DOOR
* General Access – R220 (to view the Enduro and concert).
* Kids U12 – R120, Kids U4 get in for free.
* Enduro Entry – R400 (entries limited and subject to availability)
* VIP – R320 (tickets limited and subject to availability).
* Enduro VIP – R500 (entries limited and subject to availability).
Limited general parking tickets on Wolwespruit grounds are available at Webtickets. Paid parking will also be available at the Kloof Mediclinic on the day as well as secure on street parking in the area.
DO’S & DON’TS
* Own food is permitted.
* Bar facilities will be available, no cooler boxes or own alcohol will be permitted on the premises.
* Picnic blankets and umbrellas permitted.
* No gazebos are permitted.
About The Parlotones
The Parlotones are Kahn Morbee, Neil Pauw and the brothers Glen and Paul Hodgson. Formed in 1999, the band has gone on to achieve massive success in their home country of South Africa, whilst gaining recognition within various markets across Europe and the USA.
The band released their first album Episoda in 2003 and have since released six more studio albums: radiocontrolledrobot(2005), A World Next Door to Yours (2007), Stardust Galaxies (2009), Journey through the Shadows (2012), Stand Like Giants(2013) and the recently released Antiques and Artefacts (2015). They have also released two live albums, Unplugged (2008) and Live Design (2010). Radiocontrolledrobot and Stardust Galaxies both won a South African Music Award (SAMA) for “Best Rock Album”. They have won numerous local awards, and a handful of international song writing awards.0Need at least 3 ratings